ACCESS has board-certified internal medicine specialists who have not only completed four years of veterinary training, but have also undergone an additional year of intensive internship and three years of resident specialized training.
Our internal medicine specialists are all Diplomates of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. Internal medicine specialists are trained to manage pets with more complicated conditions that often involve concurrent chronic illnesses.
Our advanced diagnostic procedures include fiber optic endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and ultrasonography – all implemented in a fully digital facility. These advanced diagnostic and imaging techniques give ACCESS the power to effectively diagnose and treat the internal ailments of your pet.
The Department of Internal Medicine is available seven days a week to provide the very best care possible for your pet and guide you in choosing the best treatment for your pet. The extensive training of our internal medicine specialists in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and pathologies, combined with our advanced medical technology, makes ACCESS the ideal specialty animal hospital for your pet.
Areas of diagnosis include:
• Endocrinology (glands and their function)
• Gastroenterology (diseases of the digestive organs)
• Urology (the study of urinary functions and genitourinary tract)
• Immunology and Hematology (disorders of the immune system, bone marrow, and blood)
• Pulmonary Disorders (diseases of the lungs)
• Hepatobiliary conditions (diseases of the liver, gallbladder, and pancreas)
• Reproductive issues
Our internists have expertise in the following:
• Gastroscopy and colonoscopy
• Continuous interstitial glucose monitoring
• Enteral and parenteral nutrition
• Advanced contrast studies utilizing fluoroscopy