Advanced and Compassionate Orthopedic Care for your pets.
Located at ACCESS – Los Angeles, the Bone & Joint Center offers the forefront of orthopedic care for dogs and cats. Combining our surgeons’ expertise, our cutting-edge resources, and the level of service and care for which ACCESS is known, the Bone & Joint Center is the go-to specialty animal hospital on the West Coast for animal orthopedic treatment and care.
View the brief video below to discover more…
The Bone and Joint Center offers two options for your pet’s orthopedic problems
A ”repair” option focuses on minimally invasive orthopedic surgery, which includes advanced technologies such as intra-operative fluoroscopy and aims at restoring function while decreasing the complications associated with more invasive surgery. This translates into lower complication rates, improved recovery times, and superior outcomes for pets and pet owners.
Some of the “repair” orthopedic surgeries we perform
- Minimally invasive reduction and internal fixation of a bone fracture with implantable devices
- TPLO (tibial plateau leveling osteotomy) paired with minimally invasive arthroscopic joint exploration to assess and address cranial cruciate ligament ruptures
- Correction of angular limb deformities
- Patellar luxation correction
- Arthroscopic procedures for various joints (elbows, ankles, knees, shoulder, etc.)
- Open and closed reductions of luxated joints
- Maxillofacial fracture repair
- Musculotendinous ligament repair
Advantages of a minimally invasive joint repair
A “replace” option offers a full spectrum of total joint replacement (TJR) procedures for a pet’s hip, knee, ankle, and elbow. These procedures completely remove the damaged joint and replace it with an implant that closely mimics the mechanics of a natural joint.
The ACCESS Bone and Joint Center is one of the very few comprehensive veterinary total joint replacement programs in the United States. This includes replacement options for many sizes of dogs and cats.
We offer the following total joint replacement procedures
- Total Hip Replacement (THR)
- Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
- Total Elbow Replacement (TER)
- Total Ankle Replacement (TAR)
Advantages of a total joint replacement procedure
- Provides the best option for a pain-free joint
- Preserves the range of motion (as opposed to an arthrodesis that fuses the joint at a fixed angle)
- Eliminates or reduces the need for long-term pain medication
- Offers quick recovery time (pets return to limited mobility immediately after surgery)
- Has a high success rate with over 95% of patients recovering full mobility
Click on the links below to discover more…
What sets us apart
- Surgeries performed by highly skilled board-certified orthopedic surgeons
- Over 2000 procedures performed
- Expertise in complex surgeries (e.g., joint replacement) and minimally invasive procedures
- A wide variety of procedures offered
- Advanced technology – fluoroscopy and CT scan
- 24×7 post-operative care (including ICU) for hospitalized patients recovering from surgeries
Meet our veterinary orthopedic surgeons
Our surgeons at the Bone and Joint Center – led by Dr. Laurent Guiot and Dr. Reunan Guillou – are committed to finding the best possible solution for your pet’s orthopedic problems. While there are some commonalities, each case is different, and we use an individualized approach to treat each patient. We invite you to schedule a consultation to discuss your pet’s condition and possible solutions.
To find out more, please do not hesitate to call us at (310) 558-6100 or click below to request an appointment.