ACCESS Specialty Animal Hospital is looking for new team members to join our Client Care Department.
The department is comprised of four main roles:
1. Client Care Representatives:
The face of ACCESS; a CCR is responsible for the first and last interactions with our clients. They prepare paperwork for patient arrival, care for the client/patient during check in process, maintain patient records, and guide the client through the discharge/check out process including handling financial transactions. They are also responsible for maintaining our lobby space and exam rooms to serve our clients.
2. Doctor’s Assistants/Departmental Liaisons
Guide clients through their pet’s appointment, procedure, or hospitalization. Assist the doctor with patient/appointment in take; organize/track patient diagnostics; coordinate hospitalize patient treatment; prepare patient discharge reports/in-hospital updates; and communicate with clients, pDVMs, and pharmacies as needed regarding appointments, medical concerns, patient updates, referrals, and prescriptions.
3. Charge Coordinators
Responsible for appropriate invoicing of in-house patients, coordinates financial updates during hospitalization, and performs financial transaction auditing
4. Phone Operators (Phone Operator is a sub role of our Client Care Representatives)
Responsible for directing calls to the appropriate person. Our phones are answered 24hrs a day by a live person. Responsibilities may include answering patient emergency calls, making appointments, taking messages, prescription refills, and handling general client inquiries.
We look forward to applicants interested in any of the above roles.
ACCESS is a multi-specialty veterinary hospital which includes avian & exotics (zoological companion animal medicine), cardiology, emergency/critical care, internal medicine, interventional radiology/endoscopy, neurology, and surgery departments. We combine advanced medical treatment with cutting-edge technology to provide compassionate comprehensive advanced medical care for our patients — 24hrs, 365 days a year. We strive to care for every patient as if they were our own pet.
All interested applicants should show a commitment to Quality in all of that they do, conduct themselves with the utmost Integrity, have Compassion for animals and humans alike, and be able to provide the best Service possible for our clients and patients. These attributes ensure the candidate will be an efficient, effective, professional, and positive team member.
- Minimum two year experience in a customer service role
- Experience in a medical setting preferred, veterinary is ideal
- Must be able to multi-task and think fast
- Must exhibit a high level of customer service in stressful situations
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently in a clear and audible voice
- Must be comfortable working with business related computer software as well as Microsoft Office Programs (Word and Excel)
- Schedule Flexibility is needed due to the 24 hours, 365 day operation of the hospital
Additional Preferred Job Specifications for Phone Operators
- Minimum one year experience handling a large volume of telephone calls
- Experience in a call center
- Experience discerning incoming caller’s needs and routing appropriately
- Medical (human or animal) call routing is a plus
Additional Preferred Job Specifications for Doctor’s Assistants/Departmental Liaisons
- Familiar with standard medical abbreviations
- Ability to use proper medical terminology when speaking and writing
- Adept at prioritizing tasks given from multiple sources
Additional Preferred Job Specifications for Charge Coordinators
- Experience in medical billing/coding
- Should be methodical and meticulous adhering to procedures/policies
- Familiarity with medications (human or animal) and dosage calculation is a plus
- May need to stand and walk around the hospital for an extended period of time to facilitate client care
- Must be able to sit for an extended period of time
- Must be able to lift objects up to 10-15lbs, such as office materials, patient files, and small animals
- Excellent hearing and listening skills required
- Continuous typing is required
- Must be able to bed, kneel, and reach in order to troubleshoot computer, phone, and multi-functional device problems
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume (firstname.lastname@example.org) detailing experience specifically as it would correlate to the position you are applying for.