We all know our pets shouldn’t eat things that aren’t pet food, but sometimes they can’t resist eating something they shouldn’t!
It may seem obvious that Gorilla Glue is one of the top items to keep out of reach, but toxicity surprisingly isn’t the main concern with this common adhesive—it’s how it works.
Once swallowed, Gorilla Glue begins to expand and harden in the stomach. It becomes impossible for the pet (or even human) to pass or vomit it, causing a serious blockage. It can only be removed surgically and even then it needs to be addressed quickly.
Here, we see board-certified surgeon, Dr. Yonathan Buks,with what looks like a geode. A closer look reveals it’s actually a lump of solidified Gorilla Glue surrounding some kibble that he removed from a puppy’s stomach.
Be sure to keep non-food items away from your pet’s reach, and to call your veterinarian immediately if they come in contact with a dangerous substance.